Thursday, June 13, 2013

Beach Themed Wedding Shower

I've been dying to tell you all my plans for my gorgeous bride cousin's bridal shower, but I had to keep my mouth shut till it came. It came and went and was a hit! Yay! We did a beachy theme with the colors aqua and coral. Here are some pics!





The Beautiful Bride with new baby neice Mackenlie <3 :)
Surprise! I was in charge of cake ;) I made a bottom layer of chocolate and a top layer of vanilla, frosted it blue and added little Adirondack chairs for toppers. I used Wilton Candy melts for side decor. I processed chips ahoy for the sand. Lets talk about my toppers for a second. They sell these mini wooden chairs on Etsy for about 35$. I don't know about you, but that's ridiculous to me! I found these at  AC Moore for, guess what, a dollar a piece! I painted these white with nontoxic paint and sealed them with a spray stuff. They look just as good to me ;)

For games I made just two. I think with pinterest sharing so many good ideas, people get really excited and want to do everything they see. Guests do not want to be bombarded with twelve things they have to sign and forced into eight games for a four hour shower. Our shower was also jack and jill, so I KNOW that guys want nothing to do with this. I tried to make the games fun for all. I did he said/she said off of facebook statuses and a bride libs game that could give the guys a chance to be, well, guys. Here were my finished products.
You are also welcome to save and use my images for the bride and groom. I did a guy starfish and girl starfish instead of a mustache and whatever. I think the mustache fad is kind of silly. Haha!

I made the banner myself also. I used scrap book paper and sparkly letters both sold in Michaels. I used an Ellison machine to cut out perfect circles and a hole punch to thread my ribbon. I used star fish at the beginning and end and hung it above the dessert table. 

Lastly, the recipe book. I'm upset that I didn't get a picture! Wah! Rachael and Jake live in Florida, so they have family and friends here and there. I wanted a way to connect the two showers, and I thought the 'recipe for a good marriage' on wooden spoons were cute, but what are you going to do with twenty wooden spoons soaked in permanent marker? So I made a recipe book with the rest of the bridal party. Her sister and mom made up recipe cards included in the invitation with a note asking to please write your favorite recipe for Rachael and Jake. No better way to bond than over food! Everybody has a memory with food. It started in Florida and then made it's way to our shower. She now has a start to her collaborative cook book of all of her family and friends favorite foods! 

We had a great time! We set up a volley ball court and had our pool and kept it low key. I think the bride and groom really enjoyed themselves. It was a success for sure. 

In other news, I made a cute little dino topper and have been making sheet cakes along with my usual fondant cakes! I made an official facebook page for my company called Sweet Baby Janes and have made my first few real deals! Yay!!!!! 

Hope I gave you all a little inspiration!

Goodnight! 
Becca

PS: YOU ARE ALL A BUNCH OF ALCOHOLICS ;) Just kidding! My post about alcoholic cupcakes got over 700 views and counting! Thank you SO MUCH for repinning!!!!!



3 comments:

  1. I need this!!! Will you sell this as a template?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god! The title only made it so very interesting. Having beach parties is so much fun. I will also look for an event space NYC like this for my bridal shower. My wedding date has still not been finalized but I am glad I came across this post. I will look take ideas from here for my bridal shower for sure.

    ReplyDelete